Mr.Udom Gabriel Emmanuel
The Executive Governor
Akwa Ibom State.
A COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE GENERAL CONGRESS OF IBESIKPO PEOPLES YOUTH ASSEMBLY(IPYA) HELD ON MONDAY 27TH JUNE, 2016 AT NUNG UDOE IBESIKPO.
Our attention has been drawn to a misleading publication by a certain group under the aegis of COALITION OF ASUTAN EKPE YOUTH LEADERS (CAEYL).
Ordinarily, we would not have dignified them by joining issues with this crop of youths from Asutan Ekpe clan, whose main aim is to fan embers of discord and disunity watered by sheer greed and absolute selfishness. For the mere fact that falsehood unattended to can misinform the public from a prevailing truth.
Consequently, at the general congress of Ibesikpo Peoples Youth Assembly (IPYA) held today the 27th day of June, 2016, the following resolutions were taken:
1. First and foremost, we wish to use this medium to thank our dear Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel for his exceptional accomplishments so far in the industrialization of the state and also with the assurance that Ibesikpo Asutan will always remain a support base throughout the duration of his tenure.
2. We wish to come to equity with the fact that there is a political leadership in Ibesikpo Asutan ably championed by Hon. (Prince) Uwem Ita Etuk whose leadership, the Local Government is satisfied with.
3. For information, we wish to inform His Excellency that Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area comprises two major clans which are Ibesikpo and Asutan Ekpe.
4. Perusing through the communique of the said body, specifically their resolution No 5, it is obvious that they have only succeeded spelling out the political offices held by the people of Ibesikpo, sweeping under the carpet those presently given to the people of Asutan Ekpe. This to us, amounts to ingratitude to the Governor, since they have deliberately failed to acknowledge his benignity to them.
For record purposes, Asutan Ekpe in this present dispensation has Mr. Linus Nkan who is the State Accountant General, David Jackson and Ekemini Ukim as aides to the governor, Etetim Ubom a PDP State officer. With the above offices, it is obvious that Asutan Ekpe is carried along in the present government as against their earlier claim of exclusion.
5. The history of zoning has remained a sacrosanct issue in Ibesikpo Asutan since the advent of democracy in 1999. Zoning arrangement in all fairness emanated from Asutan Clan. When Obong Victor Attah was the Governor, Iniobong Ekpenyong was the Council Chairman with Eduok Eduok as the member AKHA. Other offices held by Asutan Ekpe in that dispensation were; Effiong Esang- Secretary to the State Government, Emmanuel Obot- Senior Special Assistant to the Governor(Assistant Governor because of the power he wielded by then),Pastor Etop Imah- PA to the Governor, Ita Essen- Basin Authority, Late Enefiok Ekpenyong-Purchasing Officer Government House, Ofonmbuk Ukim-Commissioner in Local Government Service Commission, Sylvester George-Commissioner AKHA Service Commission, Nsikak Johnson-member AKISIEC, Attah Lyons-Board Member, Eddy Esen-PA to the Governor, Envoy Ekpo rose from Vice- Chairman to Chairman Transition Committee, Barr. Chris Essien (a.k.a Papa Guy) was the PDP National Legal Adviser, Arit Ibanga State Accountant General, among others.
It is worthy of note that after the expiration of the tenure of Iniobong Ekpenyong as elected Council Chairman, Ita Ekpo still from Asutan Clan took over as the transition Chairman.
All these offices were held by Asutan Ekpe people in one single dispensation and Ibesikpo people did not at any time embark on protest.
6. During the dispensation of His Excellency, Chief Godswill Obot Akpabio, Essien Attah was a Commissioner, Barr. Chris Essien a.k.a (Papa Guy)was the Local Government Chairman. Etetim Ubom was a board member in APICO and later the Local Government Transition Chairman. Idongesit James was appointed a board member in Water Board with David Jackson as SA to the Governor. Emmanuel Bassey Ukim was the Chapter Chairman who just handed over to Okon Edet Offiong last month. Emmanuel Obot was then the Federal House of Representative member among other juicy appointments. With all these stream of political offices held by Asutan Ekpe, Ibesikpo people at no time protested either in the public or private.
7. We wish to respectfully bring to the notice of His Excellency that we are unhappy with the way the said group went about the zoning issue. It is like seeking peace in the theatre of conflict. Their actions is a slap on the nascent democracy which thrives well on due consultation with major stakeholders and that if heeded to, will jeopardize the political stability being presently enjoyed in the Governor Udom’s Administration.
8. As earlier stated, the zoning arrangements in Ibesikpo Asutan has been the reason for the relative peace enjoyed. But since the said Youths from Asutan Ekpe have vowed to disrupt it with their mischievous agitation for the office of the transition Chairman which His Excellency has taken time to explain the reason for their extension, we wish to state here categorically that we as the youths of Ibesikpo henceforth do resolved to declare our interest to contest for every position including the post of the Executive Chairman earlier zoned to Asutan 3. And this, we will do within the ambit of the law.
9. Since our Asutan brothers have boldly decided to engage themselves nay the entire Local Government in a Russian roulette, we in Ibesikpo Clan shall “watch” them with keen interest!
10.Lastly, we wish to inform His Excellency Mr.Udom Gabriel Emmanuel to ignore every political rantings as the one by the said group that will disrupt the relative peace and stability enjoyed by the people of the state under his leadership. Again, we the youths of Ibesikpo are poised to support the political leadership and the government of Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel to 2019 and beyond.
Obong Paul Ekpo
Chairman, Peoples Democratic Party.
Akwa Ibom State.
Rt. Hon (Elder) Aniekan Uko
Member Representing Ibesikpo Asutan in AKHA
Prince Uwem Ita Etuk
Hon. Commissioner, Ministry of Lands and Town Planning.
Mr. Linus Nkan
State Accountant General
Mr. Etetim Ubom
The State Assistant Organising Secretary (iii)
Rt. Hon. Eyakeno Etukudo
The Immediate Past Member Representing Ibesikpo Asutan
Elder Okon Edet Offiong
Chapter Chairman PDP Ibesikpo Asutan