In line with the infrastructure expansion and development programme of the administration, and the need to give a face-lift to some of the major economic centres in the state we have approved the following:
1. CONSTRUCTION/REMODELING OF SELECTED ROADS, STRATEGIC ROUND-ABOUTS AND JUNCTIONS IN EKET TOWNSHIP
The work content of the project which will increase the capacity of available social infrastructure and improve intersections covers:
(i) Dualization of Atabong Road with an extension to hospital road by market road
(ii) Expansion/remodeling of Atabong road roundabout
(iii) Expansion/remodeling of Liverpool junction/roundabout
(iv) Construction of Recreational Park at Oron Road by Grace Bill Road
(v) Channelization of Eket/Oron Road/Grace Bill intersection
(vi) Grace Bill Road Pavement rehabilitation and Drainage reconstruction
(vii) Street Furniture
(ix) Pedestrian foot bridges
(x) Water fountain at roundabouts
2. EMERGENCY WORKS AND COMPLETION OF ORON URBAN ROADS AND OUTFALLS.
3. CONSTRUCTION OF THE 5 KILOMETRES IKOT USOP-IKOT EDEGHE-IKOT EKPUK ROUNDABOUT, WITH A 30 METRES SPAN BRIDGE IN MKPAT ENIN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
4. CONSTRUCTION OF THE 5 KILOMETRE MKPOK-OKAT ROAD IN ONNA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.
5. FLOOD CONTROL AND DUALISATION OF THE ONE (1) KILOMETER AWA-IKOT NKAN ROAD WITH OUTFALL DRAINS.
In furtherance of the job creation and skill development drive of the administration, We have approved the job creation, Youth Training and Empowerment Programme in Photography, Videography and Film production for 329 Youths, to be drawn from all the wards in the State.
In Our effort to develop a stock of skilled sportsmen we have approved the establishment of Sports Academy in the 10 Federal Constituencies of the State.
the essence of the academy is to capture school and community sports, with a view to preparing youths for engagement and future employment through sports activities.
In view of the increasing visits by tourists and investors to the State, and to ensure quality patronage, I have directed that some facilities at Le Meridian Ibom Hotels and Golf Resorts be upgraded and that the Ministry of Tourism should ensure that Hotel facilities in the State meet the required hygiene standard.