While still wondering why the APC Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District should present GUNS as sourvenir to the MD of NDDC, Obong Nsima Ekere during their solidarity rally for President Buhari last Saturday, a few realities occurred to me.
1. THE KILLINGS IN SOME STATES IN NIGERIA : The rally was scheduled to receive President Buhari with Comrade Adams Oshiomole as the Special Guest of Honour. The APC knew that they will please the President by identifying with the killings currently being perpetuated by President Buhari’s business partners, the herdsmen. Today the Buhari’s kinsmen or Herdsmen in many parts of the country have not spared the women, church workers and infants in their jihad. So they had to present GUNS to Nsima Ekere who is their Party’s annointed candidate for 2019 elections.
2. MORE KILLINGS TO COMMENCE IN AKWA IBOM SOONEST: With the GUNS presented to Nsima Ekere with the instructions to “DEAL with anyone who stands on his way” in the build up to 2019, more killings is expected to commence as it has been officially flagged off by the APC in the State.
3. UKANAFUN, ETIM EKPO, IKA EXPERIENCE etc: For the past two years, there were series of killings at Ukanafun, Etim Ekpo, Ika axis, the APC in Akwa Ibom State has been experimenting their GUN theory to cause security unrest so as to stop election processes and possibly cause a state of emergency in Akwa Ibom, a scenerio curbed by the proactive response of Gov Emmanuel . However, upon their failure, they decided to officially present the GUNS PHILOSOPHY to their Governorship aspirant, Obong Nsima Ekere signifying that they will now swing into full action in other parts of the state as campaigns starts, and anyone who stands on their way must be ‘dealt’ with.
4. NSIMA EKERE IS KNOWN TO GUNS: It is a known fact that some Stakeholders of the APC in Ikot Ekpene who are working with Nsima Ekere are already used to GUNS. They used it against Udoedeghe in 2011 elections campaign, used it in kidnapping and killing many Akwa Ibom Sons, and were arrested, they also used it last year during the Local Government Elections and were arrested (I hope you do not expect me to mention their names here because life follow sweet me o). Chief Sunny Ibanga did it against Udoedehe in 2011 and brought serious calamity in the state. Today he is the one presenting guns to Mr Ekere, signifying deja vu?
5. UDOEDEGHE’S CONFESSION ON RADIO: Few weeks ago, Sen J J Akpanudoedeghe during a radio interview confessed that the killers in Akwa Ibom State are now in the APC. What baffles any right think person is why Udoedehe could willingly make such a shocking revelation. While many were wondering how true that statement was, Nsima Ekere confirmed it by happily receiving the GUNS survenir during the last Saturday’s Rally by the Ikot Ekpene APC with the instructions “to kill anyone who stands in his way to becoming the Governor of Akwa Ibom State”.
Now that Nsima Ekere has received GUNS for 2019 elections, is Akwa Ibom State and her citizens safe any more? Are we all going to be wiped out by Nsima Ekere and his GUNS so that the evil covenant is instituted in our land?
Elections will come and go, but Akwa Ibom State will remain. The lives of Akwa Ibom people are more important than any political aspiration.
Let not desperation lead us into bloodshed of our brothers because we are first Akwaibomites, irrespective of political divide.
Yak Emem aba ke Akwa Ibom nyin.
_Richard Inwang is a Public Affairs Commentator from Ika LGA_