MIKE SABASTINE GUBER AMBITION- A BLACKMAIL TAKEN TOO FAR.
The attention of the Great Akpabio Family of Ukana Ikot Ntuen has been drawn to scandalous write-up against the
Governorship aspiration of one of her son in-laws, Mr. Mike Sebastine.
Ordinarily, we would not have uttered a word to the perceived political jobbers, but for the mere
fact that Sir Emem Akpabio’s name was mentioned. For this reason, we wish to state as follows:
1. That I never granted interview to anybody by name Idara Usen or any journalist with regards to the gubernatorial aspiration of my in-law, Mr. Mike Sebastine.
2. That Mike Sebastine remains my good In-law and has the constitutional right to aspire for the Governor seat of Akwa Ibom
State, if he considers himself fit.
3. That he does not need to officially consult me before doing that, as I will always support him in all ramifications whenever there is such need.
4. That if Mr. Mike Sebastine so wished to contest, he is doing so as a bona fide citizen of Akwa Ibom State. Hence, it is left for the electorates to assess him to know if the mantle fits him.
5. That it is high time we differentiated between politics and governance. If our dear in-law, Mr. Mike Sebastine, has thrown his hat to the ring to contest the 2015 Governorship seat, we should look at his
capacity and capability rather than just seeing him as an in-law to the Great Akpabio Family.
6. That we should not play God when a man’s destiny has been made. That is to say, if my in-law’s destiny is to be the
Governor of the state, he will do so without the people’s support. We should let go the sentiment that Akpabio’s in-law cannot
become the Governor of Akwa Ibom State.
7. That Akwa Ibom Consolidation Alliance (ACA) remains my socio-political group upon which I have the right and privilege to
do as I so wished at any given time.
8. That Akwa Ibom Consolidation Alliance (ACA) was not formed as a political platform for the projection of any individual, except to propagate the interest of the state and the ‘one’ that my brother, Governor Godswill Akpabio, will so ‘anoint’ as his
9. That the Chief Godswill Akpabio-led administration has never penciled down Secretary to the State Government (SSG),
Mr. Udom Emmanuel, as its choice for 2015. In fact, at the family level, we have never been informed of the SSG’s intention
to run for the 2015 Governorship race in the state.
10. That Akwa Ibom Consolidation Alliance
(ACA) will support whoever my brother, Governor Godswill Akpabio, will support, be it my in-law, Mr. Mike Sebastine, or not.
11. That we urge our teeming supporters to continue in their loyalty, solidarity and support to the Chief Godswill Akpabio-led
Signed: Hon. Ubong Ekefre Senior Special Assistant to Sir Emem Akpabio/Member, Judiciary Service Commission